Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Back in Black




I'm constantly taking in inspiration from from around the web -- knitters, artists, designers, photographers, etc -- and I started a new tumblr blog to reflect that. I am not sure yet how good I will be at keeping up with it, but there is just so much brilliance and beauty out there, I wanted somewhere to collect it and share it with others. This blog will be dedicated to my own creations, like these projects I knit recently with black yarn. I loved working with the yarn and know I will wear them a lot, but both projects were difficult to photograph, so I don't have many images.

Side Slip Cloche by Laura Irwin
from the book Boutique Knits.

The yarn I used was Plymouth Yarn Mulberry Merino, which was given to me from my friend Stacie for my birthday. It's soft and fuzzy and makes a hat that's warm and cozy, but not too heavy.


Wedge by Norah Gaughan


I knit Wedge with 4 skeins of Queensland Collection Leche yarn. It's a fun pattern, lots of garter stitch and a little bit of short row working to make it interesting and give it some shape. I love the movement of the fabric, like waves. The scarf looks so much more complex than it is. Norah is such a brilliant designer!

No comments: