Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall for Rhinebeck



This past weekend, I ventured out to Rhinebeck, NY, with some friends for the annual NYS Sheep and Wool Festival. The weather was gorgeous (68 and sunny) and the woolly creatures all seemed happy to greet us.


It's fun (though a little overwhelming) to shop at Rhinebeck because there's so much beautiful yarn, but my favorite part is seeing so many fiber enthusiasts in one place, all wearing and showing off their handknits, smiling and complimenting one another. It's such a gracious event.





I got some goodies for projects I'm really excited about, like some midnight blue wool to knit a sweater for my husband.


And some variegated silk/wool to knit a Maxfield Cardigan for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is going to make an awesome Maxfield! Love your pictures! I want to go back!