Thursday, November 08, 2007

oh, baby baby

I found this pattern in the book Knitting for Baby and it's exactly what I was looking for! (I mentioned last week that I wanted to make a baby hat as a gift for a friend) This one has little ear flaps with ties and is just toooo cute! Here are some in-progress shots.

The ear flaps are knit first and supposed to be sewn on later, but I didn't really like that idea, so I left the flaps on their own double pointed needles and cast on the sts in between to join in the round. Make sense? It was actually wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be to do, and I like the seamless, continuous look of knitting directly from the flaps.


Working with this organic cotton yarn from Lion Brand is a dream. It is sooo soft and will wash easily, which will be good for baby stuff. I had trouble choosing the colors so I decided to add a baby blue stripe to accent the light, oatmeal brown. mmmm, I sound like a commercial. Lion Brand should be paying me to write this! Too bad they aren't.



No comments: