Friday, May 01, 2009

yarn of transformation, indeed.

I downloaded the pattern for Stephanie Japel's Reclamation Scarf with it being the perfect project to take with me on my trip in May. A nice, easy knit to work away in the airport (along with a good book for the plane ride) and a chance to use the 2 lovely skeins of Alchemy Synchronicity that I rescued from the sale bin at my LYS a few weeks ago. Well, I was eager to try out the pattern (and the yarn) and got a little head start...


ohhhhh! the Synchronicity is just dreeeeeaammmy! So, so lush to work with, it's totally fair that it rings up at between $24 - $30 a skein. The 50% wool, 50% silk blend makes it both soft and shiny, as well as strong with just enough bounce (merino!) I really, really can't get enough -- but at that price I might have enough already.

And look at all the gorgeous colors it comes in! Wish these were all mine....


(photo taken today at Unravel Yarn Shop in Las Cruces, NM)

No comments: