Thursday, February 16, 2012

a flurry of hats.




This winter hasn't had much to offer in terms of snow and cold weather, but that hasn't stopped me from knitting some warm and woolly hats.


For these two hats I used Lion Brand's Chance of Flurries pattern and a combo of Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca Chunky and Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande, both wonderfully squishy, soft and extremely warm yarns.


It's fun to mix and match colors for the hats, then top them off with a perky pom-pom!


I've also been working on Norby, a sweet little Brooklyn Tweed pattern by Gudrun Johnston. The yarn I'm using is an angora/wool blend that is soft and light with a little halo. I've had it sitting in my stash for about a year and was thrilled to finally find the perfect project for it. Don't you just love when that happens?



No comments: