Wednesday, August 13, 2008

counting raindrops.


It's been kind of cool and rainy here lately, not what you would typically expect for August. We've had almost a week of drizzly days and lightning storms late at night. Nothing like rumbles of thunder to awaken you at 4 am! I guess this is the perfect time to work on finishing up my April Showers scarf which I started back in, uhm, April.


The scarf is another purl bee project that I couldn't pass up. It's my first time knitting lace and though it's repetitive (what knitting isn't?) I found the lightweight fiber and airy knit to be a perfect summer project. Now I've only got a few rows to go before I block it. Anybody have a good technique for blocking lace? This is all so new to me... I'm excited to learn!



The fiber I used was Blue Sky Alpaca's Silk, a 50/50 silk and wool blend. lovely, lovely stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty. I've seen a woman on the T knitting lace twice this week, it looks to be an amazing process.