Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Going for the gold!

I wasn't going to post this yet, because the dress isn't quite finished (all I have left to do is shorten the hem) but I needed an excuse to blog!


This may be my last post for awhile. Friday I am leaving to drive across country and live with my boyfriend in New Mexico -- a big change from New England where I have lived all my life. I don't know when I'll have internet access or be settled in yet, so this type of thing may be put on hold for a bit, but you can guarantee I will still be knitting and sewing and creating something...

Now seems like the perfect chance to look back and say what a wonderful thing having this blog has been! Three years ago I started photographing and sharing my knitting adventures publicly and I have come to meet a number of wonderful bloggers, crafters, sewers, knitters and friends. I'll still be checking in on all your blogs daily and invite you to keep up with me on flickr. Please, please stay in touch!!


Oh, and about this crazy gold dress! I made it from a vintage pattern I bought from an awesome etsy seller, Selma Lee. I bought some other great patterns too and can't wait to start making those soon! The fabric is Michael Miller and, again, I don't know what I was thinking going with a wild pattern that I will probably never wear. I guess a metallic gold polka dot dress is something every girl should have in her closet no matter what state she lives in!

Thanks again for reading, sharing, commenting and to those who made purchases from my store. I hope you all carry on in your creative ways and find passion in the process of making so many wonderful things.

Most importantly, have fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job! you do good work. i think this dress should be your new uniform..like albini's jumpsuit.

Bec said...

Oh how exciting - best of luck on your new adventure!!!! The dress looks gorgeous - you've done a wonderful job, and I hope you get lots of opportunities to wear it :P
All the best, Bec X

Crescent Moon Paper Co said...

the dress rocks! wear it often!!