Friday, January 20, 2006

the 'wifi tote'

It must be bag season! Rachel's making mexican totes and I am whipping up a line of felted bags that I hope to complete by the spring. Here's where I am so far...
I'm calling it the 'wifi tote' because it's made to hold my computer (once it's finished a felted of course) Actually, it can hold anybody's computer. If you'd like, it to hold yours. Just email me and we can talk about price!

The bag looks flat but actually has a base of 1 1/2" x 14" (pre-felting) designed to slip my laptop inside. The inspiration came from always getting dirty looks when I toss my powerbook into my purse with all my other shit. I have a feeling that even though I am designing bags I hope to sell, that I am going to end up keeping this one.... just because it's orange.

I made it, again, by knitting the base of the bag first then picking up stitches with circular needles all around and knitting in the round for a bag slightly larger than what I needed. I am now waiting for more yarn to arrive so I can finish the handles and toss this over my shoulder! To make this bag sturdier than a regular purse, I used two strands of the same color yarn knit together on size 13 needles. This also helped the project knit up pretty quick. I can't wait to make a few more!

No comments: