Wednesday, February 06, 2008

cable attempts - no. 1


This is the hat I started making BEFORE I saw the enlarged, color photo of the cable knit hat I have been stalking. I made this one up with the tiny black and white newspaper photo as inspiration. It's a bit different, but I kind of like it.


Since the pattern is my own I would be more than glad to share it with you! I'll try to get it all transcribed today. The idea for this hat also came from the simple ribbed hats I made for Nick's brothers and posted recently. I wanted to make more hats like that, but with a little, er, twist.

4 comments:

suzy smalls said...

that's so great! i love it. i don't think my knitting skills are up to cables yet, though. can i hire you to make me one?

vanessa said...

I would looooove too!
what color?

suzy smalls said...

ooh, maybe royal blue? or charcoal?
pale butter yellow?

yay!

Anonymous said...

Good work! It came out really well!