I decided on a challenging project to take with me on the flight to New Mexico. Too challenging, perhaps. The instructions read like a complicated math problem.
Numerous times on the flight I had the urge to throw my knitting out the window, had the windows been able to open. Still I worked away intensely and, like trying to solve a difficult math problem, eventualy finding the answer felt like a huge accomplishment. Still, I think I took out more stitches between Boston and Chicago than I put in. Here's what I accomplished on the first flight.
By the time I changed planes I had a better sense of how the instructions read and how the cables were supposed to look. Chicago to El Paso bought me a few more rows.