Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Walk in the Desert.

Today was sunny but with a breeze, which made it a bit cooler to be out in the middle of the day. So Nick and I decided to go for a hike at Soledad Canyon.


After walking a little ways, Nick asked if I was going to have to stop and take a picture of everything. The answer is yes, I pretty much have to. There is just so much to look at in the desert that I can't normally see at home. Lots of rocks and dirt, bugs, bushes, round things, pointy things and tons and tons of bright open sky.


My favorite thing is seeing things on the ground in the desert that look like they could also be on the ocean floor. It is neat to think that a long time ago there was water right here in the dryness where I am now standing.

If you listen to the wind blowing through the canyon it sounds an awful lot like the ocean. This is amazing to me. I grew up and have always lived by the ocean, so the idea of being landlocked is strange. But in a place like this you cannot doubt its beauty.

No comments: