Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wouldn't it be lovely?

ok, Abby, you asked for it!


I wouldn't mind turning this into a Project Runway forum for a little bit. I'd enjoy hearing all of your opinions about last night's finale... what did you think of Christian's win? Big surprise?

I kind of thought this would happen for a couple of weeks now. Actually, I worried this would happen. He's just so annoying and seems like he's already done the work of manufacturing himself into a character, catchphrase and all. But that's what our culture loves. He'll do fine. And I admit, he really is a good designer. Though I really thought from watching the shows that Rami had it all wrapped up... he really is good.

When PR was over I changed the channel and found myself in the midst of some more fashion inspiration, this time from a 1964 classic.



Feathers, big hats, ridiculous ruffles and sleek female forms don't seem so original anymore, do they Christian? It's hard to match the drama of Cecil Beaton!

I love the Ascot scene in My Fair Lady. Perfectly choreographed, elegant and hilarious. As fashion should always be.

2 comments:

vanessa said...

wait... did you watch it? what did you think?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I guess that was a little incomplete. Yes, I watched it and I liked Rami's collection the best. I thought, for the total package of production, style and craftsmanship, he should have won. But Christian was more "edgy" (even if it was a little boring) and Rami is more established so perhaps why that's Christian as chosen. And, when you have the Beckham on your side ....